We are glad to present the new beta-testing version of Zentimo. We have fixed a few critical bugs, added some important options and made some interface improvements. See more details below:
- Sometimes the program hangs or falls down on attempt to stop a device.
- After closing device stop menu, it didn’t return the focus back to a previously active window.
Portable settings engine improved
We have significantly improved portable settings engine. What are “portable settings”? This feature makes it possible to store such drive settings as device image, device name, portable launch settings and etc on your external drive and use these settings on other computers. What was changed?
- Option to disable “portable settings”. If you do not like that the program stores ZentimoSettings.ini file on your external drive you can disable that feature. However in this case you will need to setup your storage settings on every computer where you use this drive.
- Portable settings storage file “ZentimoSettings.ini” now has hidden attribute, so you will not see it in Explorer.
- Now we save portable properties only if they had been changed. This excludes excessive reading from the drive.
Other options added
- Optional suggestion to start drive speed test after insertion.
Your advice is needed!
In order to further improve Zentimo’s usability we would like to ask you a couple of questions.
- Is it interesting for you to know read/write speed of drive? How often you use the test of speed feature for your drives? Would you like that the program has suggested to test new drive every time after insertion. What kind of changes would you like to see in speed test feature for one of the next version of the program?
- Is it useful for you to keep drive properties on the drive (drive icon, autorun settings etc.)? Would you like to have an ability to set to keep or not a drive properties on each of your drives separately, or it is enough for you to set that option for all of your drives.
Just leave your thoughts on this matters here.
Download Zentimo 1.0 beta2