Today we are glad to announce the availability of a brand new application – Zentimo. Zentimo is the successor to our award winning application USB Safely Remove. While USB Safely Remove is an extended safe removal tool, Zentimo is aimed to be a Swiss army knife for the management of external storage devices. At the moment, the program is under active development so your feature requests and notes are very much appreciated. The more exciting news is that while the program is in its beta-testing period you can get the license absolutely free.
Why we decided to create another tool?
Everyday we get lots of feature requests for USB Safely Remove. Users ask or even beg us to add a very needed features both compatible and not compatible with the program ideology. Display drive size in the menu, add protection from autorun viruses (and from data theft using external drives as well), a CD-ejector, add icons of fingerprint scanner (and portable rocket launcher as well:)), menu to quick start portable applications and many more. But… everytime we add a new feature the program became a bit more difficult for novice user. Step-by-step and the program became an overbloated with buttons and menus monster, that frighten even its own developers. However the features you requested are really needed and we cannot leave the demand without a response. It’s inhumane and illogical :) We just want that the program wouldn’t overgrow its basic ideology as it may ruin it . So we decided to divide our efforts on two ways.
- USB Safely Remove will stay a useful and simple safe removal tool. Enhanced and better than the Windows one, but not more than it says on the tin. It means that we will improve it as a safe removal tool, improve its usability but we will not change its overall look and feel and we will not add to it such features as a device firewall or autorun virus protection.
- Zentimo, on the other hand, will be a full-fledged tool for the management of external devices. Of course, we will also try not growing an awkward monster from it and therefore we want to get as much of your feedback as possible to create a really useful tool.
What features has Zentimo over USB Safely Remove right now?
- More powerful menu where you can see drive sizes and empty space, browse for a drive with a click
- Drive speed test feature
- Portable apps quick launcher
- It doesn’t have a main window, all devices are displayed in the menu
Ok, stop talking. Let me see it!
We are waiting impatiently for your bug-reports, suggestions and criticism of the program :)