We are glad to announce the new release of USB Safely Remove 6.3! This version has added two new skins: dark and light, BitLocker support, service issue troubleshooter, documentation improvements and major bug fix.
Two new skins were added: Win10 Dark and Win10 Light to make the program looks more native on your Windows desktop. Furthermore you can always make your own skin, it’s easy.
Now the program supports BitLocker encrypted drives. It is correctly starting the autorun programs (if you setup any) only after you have unlocked the drive. Besides it allows you to call the BitLocker password prompt by clicking to the browse button:
Service Issue Troubleshooter
Internally the program consists from two parts: the GUI application (USBSafelyRemove.exe) and its assistant service (USBSRService.exe). This service is installed during the installation and works in background doing such low level operations like device stopping, returning, scanning for processes and many more that require more privileges. Sometimes this service became stopped because user or some software (system cleaner, antivirus, Windows update etc) had terminated it which makes the program function inappropriatelly. Now the program can detect what has happened to the service and automatically resolve the issue in a click:
The program manual was updated and became online by default. It means that when you press F1 or the “Help” button somewhere in the program the manual is opened on our site. We are no longer distributing the manual “CHM” files in the installer that makes the installer smaller and gives us more flexibility in updating the docs. However you can still download it on the download page and save to the program’s folder for offline use.
- Device menu stolen focus from active window and didn’t return it on close
- Out of memory: In rare case program shown technical issue on start with Windows
- The device menu become garbled when scrollbars were displayed
- Technical error were displayed on attempt to stop device when the assistant service is disabled
- The device menu might be truncated above when the app icon is in the hidden system tray area
- In rare cases the device can be displayed as “disabled” even if it’s active
- Drive size wasn’t displayed for a disk without a filesystem
- Search magnifier didn’t display on the icon when you run “Scan for hardware changes” from the main window
- Global Hotkeys became non working after closing of the Settings dialog with Cancel or “x” button
- In a multimonitor system the device menu called with the keyboard shortcut could be inappropriately positioned
- Command line stopped wrong drive when you specify its folder mount point
- On some configurations links and buttons that open our web site (e.g. “Request new feature”, Revert to the previous version”, “Order now”) did not open anything
- Technical error was displayed on attempt to return back stopped but just yanked out device
Update from June 26th, 2020: 6.3 hotfix 1
- System sound didn’t play in Win 10 after device stopping
- Italian language file minor improvements
Just download and install the required installer over the previous version. You do not need to uninstall the previous version. If your upgrade subscription is over feel free to extend it.