This is a major upgrade which includes reworked user interface, better support of Win 11, improved behavior of the program and many other minor improvements.
User interface changes
We have thoroughly reworked the program’s interface to make it look better on Win 10 & 11
Now, under Win11, the device menu has rounded corners wherever needed
In the lower right corner of the menu the new button is added
This button allows you to show the hidden devices (usually these are mice, keyboards, Bluetooth dongles and other devices that you don’t need or don’t wish to safely remove). Now you can work with these devices directly in the menu.
- The menu is positioned relative to the system tray icon rather than to the right side of the screen
- The menu toggles visibility when you click to the system tray icon
- The menu is no longer displayed when you open the main dialog
- Sometimes device icon wasn’t displayed in the “unable to stop” dialog
- The device menu could be displayed behind other applications
- The “Help” button didn’t work in the Settings -> Device Stop tab
- Artifacts (black strips) might be displayed on the menu after the forced stop
- Some settings may not be restored on another machine with different locale
- Sometimes the native safe removal icon wasn’t hidden
Windows XP & Vista no longer supported
While version 7.0 can still be launched and work on XP and Vista, we didn’t test it there and no longer provide support on these operating systems.
Update from Nov 27th: USB Safely Remove 7.0.4 (hotfix 1)
- When the tray icon is in the hidden area, notifications could be displayed in incorrect place
- Small bug in German translation fixed
Update from Dec 7th: USB Safely Remove 7.0.5 (hotfix 2)
- The buttons “Stop Again” and “Forced Stop” in the “Unable to stop” dialog became unavailable to click on high DPI configurations
Just download and install the required installer over the previous version. You do not need to uninstall the previous version. If your license upgrade period is over, feel free to purchase the renewal.
Note, licenses with one or two year of upgrades purchased after the date of the previous release (Apr 28th, 2021) are also eligible for this update.